Friday, June 19, 2009

Grandpa in my pocket part 3

(That's me holding Hamish). Just realised how much Milly looks like my younger sister - next to me and Thomas looks like a blend of my brothers (both in green). How funny!

This is a family photo of my cousins on my dads side in the 80s. Could you tell? Still live in my dark denim blue jeans.

Grandpa in my pocket is on the ABC at long last! I blogged about it here and here. Unfortunately though at the most impossible times for school kids: 8:30am and 12:45pm. At least Milly and Henry(?) get to enjoy it. It is the sweetest show about a Grandpa and his Grandson who get up to mischief with the Grandpa being able to shrink himself (a bit like Honey, I shrunk the kids).

Today's episode was about Beowulf (pronounced Bearwolf), their dog. I can't find a photo of him online... It made me remember the days that I would play Swallows and Amazons, Famous Five etc with my 2 brothers, sister and Hamish, our Cairn Terrier. He was a fabulous dog and only died just before Thomas was born 6 years ago.

I remember the day that we bought him. Dad and I chose the cheekiest puppy. The five of us turned up to my mum's workplace (Dad was on holidays) with him. Poor mum was just a little surprised and concerned about having a fifth child in the house. Now I understand this! Kirk would love a dog. He still talks about the day that he had to return a dog that he brought home. The responsibility of a dog worries me a tad. But when they are as cute, fun and healthy as Hamish was, I know how much joy they can bring to kids!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Jennifer, I am new to this blog stuff. I just adored your website, but I don't have any children just 3 small dogs and one of which is a cairn terrier. I hope your business is doing well.

Renee
Tucson, Arizona