Sunday, January 25, 2009

Star Wars, Star Wars and More Star Wars ...

I knew before I married my husband that he was a fan of Star Wars. I was too young and too head over heels to object to having the theme song played as we entered the reception at our wedding ... so it should have come as no surprise that my 5.5 year old is a BIG fan. Although Milly, 3 could well be just as big - she hummed the theme as we drove to the Powerhouse Museum yesterday. She cried the other day as she didn't have a dress like Princess Leia. Thankfully her hair is long enough to put into buns. Santa bought her a lightsaber for Christmas so she could battle on equal ground...

The exhibition was good - Thomas' only disappointment was that George Lucas wasn't there.

Some of the highlights for him included riding a podracer (?) and having a photo with R2D2 and a stormtrooper. There was no Darth Vader, but we did see a Lego full size model at David Jones city store last year.

I have to admit that I enjoyed it, more because we escaped the 42 degree heat at home and because the kids had a fabulous time. I even got a little excited when I saw R2D2 zooming around the place with flashing lights and cute beeping ...

Thomas starts Kindergarten this week. I found this Millennium Falcon to make with him hopefully sometime before then. Very cool.

No comments: