Monday, February 16, 2009

Working mum secrets ...

I get asked each and every day how do I run a business and be a mum to three kids under 6 (two of whom are with me full time).

Secret one: find a caterer that suits your families needs!

I love to cook but finding the time to cook with school runs, phone calls, emails, home readers, bath time etc is tricky. I am also a reasonably fussy eater - can't stand processed foods - only because my brothers, sister and I have been spoilt to have a mum who is an awesome cook (some people just have the knack of understanding flavours). So we had a dilemma. Come in Corella Catering. Their frozen meals are yummy and nutritious and when I work it out, I don't spend that much more than I usually would. There is no wastage and the kids eat them! Can't underestimate how important it is to find meals that are eaten ...
I have had the opportunity to taste their delicious cakes- I pre order our meals so I am not tempted as I stand at the counter! They have a great gluten free range ...

Weekends are my time in the kitchen and we do LOTS of baking - enough to fill the cookie jar for the week.

No comments: