Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day! (a little belated)

We escaped to The Hattery at Katoomba in the Blue Mountains for Mother's Day. Lunch was delicious and the staff were awesome. Combined with very well behaved kids and a chance in the car to catch up with Kirk whilst the kids slept, it made for a lovely, lovely time. We went to visit the Three Sisters but they were hiding :)

The mountains is one of our favourite places during Autumn. The colours of the leaves and the cool, crisp air is so refreshing. If only it could be bottled! I had 3 days of treats. Thomas' school had a Mother's Day breakfast on Friday, he and I went to a musical on Saturday night and on Sunday he and Milly produced very cute cards and little treats just before then sun came up. Henry gave his usual cuddles which I am cherishing - he is 7 months old this week. Time is flying ...

The role of a mum is a very special one and a privilege. It can also be hard work! To all of our mums, I hope that you had a lovely day.

(I had already started on mine when I took this photo. Henry was happy on my knee but I wasn't sure how long he would last. Babies don't really equate with slow eating! I wanted to remind myself to bake some ricotta this week. It was similar to an AWW baked ricotta with chillies and olive oil that I used to make.)
The Hattery: 197 Katoomba Street Katoomba Telephone: (02) 4782 5003

No comments: