Thursday, March 19, 2009

Q & A with Kasia from Laikonik

For the next few weeks, we will be running a series of Q & A's with our fabulous (and talented!)Australian designers. I am looking forward to hearing their responses! I hope you enjoy it and get a glimpse into how lucky I am to have a business relationship with these gorgeous people!

1. How long have you been running your business? 4 years

2. What were you doing prior to your current venture? Working long hours as a graphic designer for a very large architectural firm.

3. If you had to choose your favourite product from your range, what would it be & why? Oh that's a hard one but I'd have to say the Once-A-Year books. I expected that after such a long time hand making each one I would have grown tired of them or at least indifferent to how they look. But somehow each time I fill an order and I see them all finished and ready to go I feel a great deal of satisfaction and I do love how they look! And even after all this time I still think they're a great idea!

4. What do you do to relax? I meditate as often as I can and some evenings I sit on the back porch with the children and we watch the birds "flying back home for dinner".

5. If you were able to go wherever you wanted to this weekend, where would it be? A day spa!!

6. What was the last thing that you purchased? A bunch of flowers for a friends 80th birthday.

7. Who lives at your place? My partner Mark, our children Isabelle (5) and Stanley (4) and Stanley's pet caterpillar.


No comments: