Thursday, September 3, 2009

Q & A with Karen from Karen Miles Pty Ltd :)


Meet Karen, she is one of those people who always leaves you feeling great after a conversation. She is one clever mummy to boot! I have just learned that she is a girl after my own heart - Paris & jeans with linen shirts....

How long have you been running your business? Two years

What were you doing prior to your current venture? I ran a business for 5 years providing career skills development and entrepreneurship training for young professionals, Gen X and Y, and the youth market.

If you had to choose your favourite product from your range, what would it be & why? I love my book 'The Real Baby Book you need at 3am' because I both wrote and designed it, and it helps make new mums feel ok about the challenges of motherhood
(click here). My design confidence then grew to create a new business Miss Scarlett http://www.missscarlett.com.au and my favourite invitation design is the Chocolate Cream baby shower invite because of the classic colours and Burberry-esq pram.

What do you do to relax? I walk twice a week to de-stress, and I love going antique shopping at markets.

If you were able to go wherever you wanted to this weekend, where would it be? Paris Paris Paris.

What was the last thing that you purchased? Some new clothes for my birthday - boyfriend jeans, linen shirt and bead/ribbon charm bracelet.

Who lives at your place? My husband Stu, Harrison (4) and Scarlett (15 mths), and me!

No comments: