Thursday, September 10, 2009

Q & A with Kate from Sambellina


We have had a great response to the Sambellina range (see our cover of yesterdays magazine). I love it! Fresh, young, fun, stylish. Click here to see the range.

I happened to have Milly (3) with me at the warehouse the day the range arrived. She has her next 3 birthdays worked out (she is a little planner ...)

I am so pleased that we get to meet Kate from Sambellina ...

How long have you been running your business? We started up the company a year ago - and officially launched in July 2009, but I have been thinking about it ever since my daughter was born and found how much I loved children's birthday parties - planning them, styling them and being at them, eating fairy bread....

What were you doing prior to your current venture? I was an IT "nerd" - a software designer / developer for 12 years .... It gave me the opportunity to travel a lot, but going back to the corporate world in between kids even part time was really challenging - as much as I tried, my heart just wasn't in it. Somehow, along the way - probably at a party - I had the "light bulb" moment and decided to develop Sambellina. I have worked three times as hard ever since, but am completely passionate about the elements of what I work with now - graphic design and stationery....I feel so lucky to be able to say that about my "job".

If you had to choose your favourite product from your range, what would it be & why? I think the pink and white polkadot partyware - I'm obsessed with the classic spotty pattern - I can't even really say why - I think they make me feel happy - and they seem to be loved by kids but also by the adults (read - other polkadot addicts)
.
I also have a very soft spot for the Choo Choo invitations as there is a little person in my house who talks about his "choo choo rain set" all day every day .

What do you do to relax? Drawing, reading magazines, shopping, eating chocolate, drinking champagne, going out for a yummy gourmet dinner with my husband (dreaming here) - all followed by a massive session at the gym or walking the dog... ( or not !).

If you were able to go wherever you wanted to this weekend, where would it be?
My most favourite place in the world - Sunshine Coast - or somewhere warm. Melbourne is like living in a fridge (be it a stylish fridge) at the moment.

What was the last thing that you purchased? Chocolate

Who lives at your place? My husband Chris, our two cherubs - Samantha (5 yo) and Christian (2 yo) - and our very patient cuddly golden retriever, Cody. xx

No comments: